Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Wax Museum



As most of you know, I am a VERY armature seamstress. Let me stress the word VERY again. I can't read a pattern to save my life. But I am trying. With lots of help from my mother. Sorry mom.


The 5th grade had a wax museum project this year. The goal for the kids was to write a report on a person in US history. Then dress up as that person and pretend they are wax figures in a museum. Cute right??? Kaylee decided to be Pocahontas. So she asked me to make her an Indian costume. Scared to death of my abilities I said I would be happy to. Besides what else does a mom say? So I got a pattern and followed it to the best of my ability and here is the result. I don't think it turned out that bad. At least not for my first time. Kaylee loved it and was a hit with her display. I am glad she was proud of it.

2 comments:

  1. I think you did an awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! It looks great! Kaylee does such a good job poseing!

    ReplyDelete